We are a full-service commercial general contractor with offices in Sacramento and Sausalito, California. We have been constructing superior quality commercial apartments with integrity and dedication since 1994. We have experienced steady growth by adhering to our tradition of providing our clients the highest standard of professional service and superior finished products. Our consistent success is built on building relationships with our employee, clients and all members of the building team. We are committed to being the best by hiring the best.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Monitors, assists, critiques and prepares schedules, if required, for any estimates.
- Participates in start-up and closeout meetings.
- Reviews drawings, specifications and owner requirements with Project Managers and Superintendents.
- Reviews all plans and specifications and permit set of drawings.
- Prepares bid invitation, call-out list and send out.
- Posts bid date and time, obtains all bid numbers and confirms coverage.
- Reviews insurance and bond specifications.
- Coordinates all job walks.
- Processes all R.F.I.s for estimating and job addendums.
- Prepares subcontractor re-cap.
- Responds to all subcontractor inquiries in relation to bids.
- Assists with scopes of work.
- Assists in pricing of owner and subcontract change orders.
- Provides value-engineering services.
- Keeps subcontractor list current.
- Establishes unit pricing for conceptual estimating.
- Establishes estimating library and data base history for estimating.
- Prepares subcontractor comparison sheets for evaluation.
- Prepares estimate turnovers to project managers.
- Reviews insurance requirements.
We offer an environment that encourages continuous learning and improvement, competitive salary and excellent benefits including a Simple IRA, health, dental, disability and life insurance, paid vacation.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have at least a minimum of 5 years experience in the commercial construction industry with strong emphasis on retail, heavy remodel, wood framing, masonry, structural steel and concrete tilt-up.
- Understand conceptual estimating.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Project.
- Be supportive in a team environment.
- Have excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills.
- Be able to communicate effectively with subcontractors, suppliers, design professionals, clients and project managers.
- Be able to apply common sense in solving problems.
- Possess a strong ambition to succeed.
- Be able to think "big picture" and take into account long-term implications.
- Possess strong organizational skills, flexibility, and the ability to prioritize work assignments.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Availability to work extended hours as required by project schedules or urgent circumstances.
- Ability to travel throughout all areas of construction sites during all phases of a project.
- Be able to consistently meet deadlines.