Kachina Apartment complex not just "renovated" but "innovated"
As part of the 96-unit senior complex rehabilitation, Owners Dawson Holdings, Inc. installed a 20,400 gallon water reclamation system that harvests water runoff from the 21,000 sq. ft. parking lot and stores it in tanks buried under the new xeroscaped property. The annual average rainfall in Casa Grande is 8.39i inches annually. The system will harvest approximately 110,000 gallons per year. The harvested water will serve all irrigation needs at the property.
The xeroscaping landscaping at the project will further save an additional 1.25 million gallons per year.
Water is just the beginning of the savings and amenities that make Kachina Apartments one of Arizona's most innovative complexes. Improvements were installed to take dramatic steps in reducing overall carbon footprint.
- 148 solar panels were installed, capable of generating 31.82kW of electricity, reducing common area electricity bills in half;
- Hot Water Heater replacement in all units and new solar augmented hot water heater systems in both common laundry rooms;
- Full window replacement with dual pane vinyl clad energy-efficient windows;
- Increased attic insulation to R-38;
- New energy star rated porch lighting at all units;
- New 16 SEER HVAC systems with energy recovery ventilator systems;
- Energy Star kitchen appliance replacements in all units including ranges, refrigerators, range hoods, dishwashers and disposals;
- New energy efficient toilets (1.3 gpf) and shower heads (1.4 gpm) in all units.
316 Avenue A, Casa Grande, AZ 85122
Modular system Carat S / Carat XL tank. System includes (12) 1700 Gallons modular collectors
Kachina Assocs. LP
Whitney bell Perry, Inc.